Please see the step-by-step instructions below
1. Select New List
2. Enter the Title of the Course
3. Enter Course Description
4. Select Create
After you create your new reading list, complete the following:
1. Edit your list to change the start and end date that the list will be available to students. (If no date is entered, the list will not open to your students.)
2. In order for students to view the reading list in the course canvas module, a course must be associated to your reading list. (See directions below)
After you create your reading list, Leganto will ask you to Associate to course. If you select NOT NOW, please remember to associate to course before the start of the semester.
Search course by instructors last name, a course ID (ARTH 126), or course number (28631)
To update or change course association:
1. Select the three dots ... on the top navigation bar
2. Select Manage Course Association
Search for course by course ID or course number
Organize Reading Lists by Sections
1. Create a new section
2. Title section, for example, Week 1 Readings
3. Provide a description for section
4. (Optional) Decide when to make readings available by calendar
5. (Optional) Import your references from a RIS (Refworks), Bibtext, References, or Folder (see instructions to import references)
6. Create your section
Add content to your reading list
1. You can search for library materials in Leganto to add to your reading list sections.
2. Click the blue Add Items + button to gain access to this feature.
3. To the right of your section, select Library Search to search within the libraries collection, Blank form to add unique items such as book chapters or online materials (OER, youtube videos, etc), Collection for materials that you have curated in the Reading list by Leganto platform, or to upload a file from your desktop.
You can search for items by title, author, or by keyword.
Add using OneSearch
A reading list must be created before you can add content using OneSearch.
Sign in to your library account using your SJSU ID and SJSUOne Password before searching.
When you find a resource you would like to add, click on the resource to access the menu, then select Leganto.
Add the item to your collection or a specific reading list. If you select a reading list, then you will also have to specify a section within the reading list. Then select Add to Reading List.
Publish your List
When you're ready for students to view the reading list, click Publish on the top menu or from the ellipsis menu in the upper left-hand corner of the site.
When to send your list to the Library
If you need help with copyright clearance or to add a physical copy to course reserves,
(Please contact your librarians or contact Ashour Benjamin for help with sending copyright materials or adding items to course reserves).
Send your reading list to the library for review by selecting Library Review on the top menu bar or Send to Library by clicking the ellipsis menu to the left of your section.
To send a message to the library
Adding Collaborators to your Reading List
When you associate your course with several sections. The instructors for each section will automatically be added as a collaborator and as an instructor.
You can also add additional collaborators. This can be useful if you would like to share your list with another instructor. There will also be times when you need to add a librarian or library staff to your list to conduct copyright clearance (please see copyright clearance tab for more information) or add new materials that have not been added to the library catalog OneSearch.
If you would like to add an instructor, staff, or librarian to your list, select the arrow to expand the Collaborators tab. Please add your librarian if you are going to request copyright clearance or request the library to purchase a new book for your course.
Select Manage Collaborators.
Enter names or email addresses and send an invitation to your collaborators. They will be notified via email. After a collaborator has been added. The list manager can have collaborators access to edit list or manage list.