Please see the step-by-step instructions below
1. Select New List
2. Enter the Title of the Course
3. Enter Course Description
4. Select Create
After you create your new reading list, complete the following:
1. Edit your list to change the start and end date that the list will be available to students. (If no date is entered, the list will not open to your students.)
2. In order for students to view the reading list in the course canvas module, a course must be associated to your reading list. (See directions below)
After you create your reading list, Leganto will ask you to Associate to course. If you select NOT NOW, please remember to associate to course before the start of the semester.
Search course by course ID (ARTH 126) or course number (28631)
To update or change course association:
1. Select the three dots ... on the top navigation bar
2. Select Manage Course Association
Search for course by course ID or course number
Organize Reading Lists by Sections
1. Create a new section
2. Title section, for example, Week 1 Readings
3. Provide a description for section
4. (Optional) Decide when to make readings available by calendar
5. Create your section
Add content to your reading list
1. You can search for library materials in Leganto to add to your reading list sections.
2. Click the blue + button to gain access to this feature.
3. To the right of your sections, select Search.
You can search for items by title, author, or by keyword.
Add PDF to your reading list
Please note that users can create content and upload a pdf so that students can gain access to readings via Leganto Reading List.
Add using OneSearch
A reading list must be created before you can add content using OneSearch.
Sign in to your library account using your SJSU ID and SJSUOne Password before searching.
When you find a resource you would like to add a resource click on the three dots ... next to the pushpin icon.
Identify your list and section then click on ADD TO READING LIST.
Publish your List
When you're ready for students to view the reading list, click Publish from the ellipsis menu in the upper left-hand corner of the site.
When to send your list to the Library
If you need help with copyright clearance or to add a physical copy to course reserves, you can send your list for review or a note to library staff.
Send your reading list to the library by selecting the ellipsis menu to the left of your section or you can send the full list by selecting SEND LIST.
To send a message to the library