3D Printing Homepage
3D printing allows users to bring their visions to life by turning them into tangible three-dimensional objects. 3D printing takes a computer-aided design (CAD) file and creates a physical model layer by layer using selected material(s) (commonly using polymers such as PLA and ABS).
*3D printing is free for all SJSU students, faculty, and staff
1. There is a maximum limit of 1 print per month per person.
2. Due to high demand, we limit the duration of each print to 6 hours maximum.
3. You must use a valid SJSU email to use this service.
1. All files must be submitted with proper dimensions (we only print at a 1:1 ratio).
2. There is a maximum limit of 1 print per month per person.
3. Due to high demand, we limit the duration of each print to 6 hours maximum.
4. You must use a valid SJSU email to access this service.
Select an available date and time range by either clicking the, 'Schedule your print' tab, or by clicking here. After selecting an open time slot you will be prompted to enter your name, student/employee ID, and a valid SJSU email to complete the reservation.
1. Upload your file using this request form. Your file(s) must be in a .STL format.
*Make sure your browsers is signed into your SJSU account. The form is restricted to SJSU domains only.
We currently have the following color selections available:
2. Once your file(s) is submitted it will be reviewed to make sure it falls within the guidelines. You will receive an email once your print is ready for pickup. Make sure to bring your Tower Card or a license for identification when picking up.
*You are not required to be around for the printing process
*You may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information about printer resins, compatible files, and other technical questions.