Welcome to the SJSU King Library subject guide for Public Administration. Please use the tabs on the left hand menu to find quality resources in Public Administration. If you have any questions or comments about this guide please let me know.
Instructors: As the library liaison to the Political Science Department as well as the Master's Program for Public Administration, I am available for course specific library instruction classes. Feel free to contact me to schedule a session tailored to your individual course needs.
Citation managers, such as Zotero and Paperpile, are programs that allow the users to collect, organize, and cite sources. They also allow for collaboration and some provide the ability to store and annotate PDFs within the system.
Organize sources using folders, tags, and even group libraries for collaboration with people across the world.
Many integrate with Google Docs and/or Microsoft Word to make it easy to cite sources while writing.
Zotero is a free, open source citation manager with a desktop app, browser extension, and integration with Google Docs, Microsoft Word, and LibreOffice.
1. Download Zotero. Go to Zotero.org and click on the red Download button. From the download page, download the desktop app and the browser extension, Zotero Connector.
2. Register for an account. Click on the register link in the upper right hand corner of the download page. Fill out the form to create your account.
3. Log in to Zotero. Once the Zotero desktop app downloads, find and open Preferences (Mac users: Zotero menu, PC users: Edit menu). Click over to the Sync tab and enter your username and password. Now you're set to use Zotero!
Paperpile is a web-based reference citation management system, with emphasis on integration with Google apps and Google Chrome.
1. Select the Start Free Trial option. You will need to login with your SJSU email address.
2. Next, go to Settings > Account info and click on "Activate site license"
3. Enter your SJSU email address, and then click the activation link you will receive via email.
When starting Paperpile, it will prompt you to install the browser extension that helps save citations to your library. If the pop-up does not show up, click here to install the extension.
Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Library
One Washington Square | San José, CA 95192-0028 | 408-808-2000