When looking for articles in OneSearch and clicking on a search result, there are a few different scenarios you may encounter:
1) For many articles, you will see one or more links with the names of databases under "Full text availability." Click on any of these to access the article through the specific database listed. You will also sometimes see the options "Get PDF" and "Read Online." Click on either of these to access the article directly.
2) You will sometime see "Request a digital copy, Delivery estimated in 24 hours by email." This means that the library does not have the article. However, by clicking on the "Request it" box, we can get the article from another library and have it emailed to you as a PDF.
If you see the above option AND you also see a link under "Full text availability," always use the full text link to access the article.
3) You will occasionally see "Request a digital copy, From another library, Terms to be supplied." Due to a technical error, clicking on the "Request box" here will lead to a canceled request. Please follow the instructions below to request the article through Interlibrary Loan.
4) If the record of an article does not show up at all in OneSearch, submit a request through Interlibrary Loan (see below).
To use Interlibrary Loan, please first set up your account by following steps below:
1. Log in using your SJSUOne ID and password.
2. Complete your user profile. IMPORTANT: If you are in an SJSU online program, fill in the following fields this way:
Requesting the Article
1. In your Interlibrary Loan account, click on "New Requests" and select "Article."
2. On the next page, fill in the information required in the fields marked with a red asterisk (*).
3. Click on "Submit Request."
4. The article will be sent as a PDF usually within 1 to 3 days. After you receive an email saying it is ready, you can access it in your Interlibrary Loan Account under "Electronically Received Articles." Click on "View" and the PDF will open.